The Network Security Group of Prof. Dr. Adrian Perrig, Department of Computer Science at ETH Zurich is looking for a Standardization Engineer / Technical Writer.
SCION is a highly secure, efficient, and sustainable Internet architecture designed to provide route control, fault isolation, and explicit trust information for end-to-end communication.
In this position, you will play a mission-critical role in the standardization of next-generation networking technologies at ETH Zürich. Your responsibilities will include the creation of technical documents on networking technologies (in particular internet standards), and interaction with established standardization committees such as IETF, ITU, ENISA, etc.
- Develop internet standards (i.e. RFCs) and documentation.
- Actively participate in meetings at standardisation committees.
- Work with internal engineering teams to obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex information into polished, engaging content.
- Collect feedback and relay it to the engineering teams.
The starting date is as soon as possible. This position is limited to 1 year with projected extensions on a yearly basis.
What we offer:
The Network Security Group offers you interesting challenges in the field of cybersecurity. You will be part of a young, motivated and international team, and get exposure to the latest developments in the field.
You should be independent and self-driven, have experience with network standardization, and enjoy writing technical documentation. You bring proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics, with a keen eye for detail. Furthermore, you enjoy working with people and will rise to meet unforeseen challenges. Ideally, you bring the following skills:
- Advanced knowledge of all layers of computer networking.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- 3+ years of professional experience in writing design specifications.
- Previous software development experience and participation in major global standardization organizations are a plus.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Cover letter: a short (one page or less) statement of your motivation for joining the center
- Diplomas/University degree(s) & transcripts (grades)
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For further information about the group, please visit our websites www.infsec.ethz.ch, www.netsec.ethz.ch, www.scion-architecture.net, www.scionlab.org. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Prof. Dr. Perrig by email: email@example.com (no applications).
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.