Swiss AI’s coupled, agent-based, artificial intelligence models of demographics, mobility and energy are run on GPU hardware to simulate the real-life activities of whole populations in urban areas, regions, countries, or continents. The simulation outcomes are subsequently used for data-driven decision-making related to practical hardware & software solutions, capital investments, and policies that can result in a successful transition involving the increased use of low-carbon technologies. Your primary tasks shall include:
- maintaining our backend, comprising of our API server, and simulation framework;
- reviewing and projecting requirements and technical implementation of our frontend (user interface);
- interfacing with the team that designs and builds our frontend (user interface);
- interfacing with our R&D team, integrating new models and updating existing models in our frontend backend, coordinating the implementation on our frontend (user interface);
- maintaining and developing our website in close cooperation with the marketing team.
We offer an interesting position in a young start-up, and thus you have a unique opportunity to be part of this exciting phase of growth. The candidate will have the opportunity of working in an active, international, interdisciplinary environment. The successful candidate will work in Switzerland.
You will have 3+ years of practical experience in the field and a degree from either a technical, university (ETH, EPFL, etc.) or Fachhochschule, in computer science or related research field. Candidates with interdisciplinary backgrounds from relevant educational fields are welcome. The candidate will have experience with
- LinuxUNIX Shell and Linux server deployment and maintenance (CentOS),
- Git version control,
- React frontend development using Typescript,
- Familiarity with backend development using Python Flask /SQL(Alchemy) is a plus,
- Familiarity with the following languages / systems is advantageous: C++, Rust, Bootstrap, HTMUCSS, REST APls, DevOps (Gitlab Cl & CD, Docker, Debian packages).
The candidate should be highly motivated, like to work in a team environment, be service oriented, and should have strong communication skills. The candidate must be proficient in English.
Please send your application to Dr. Marcello Marini (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following documents;
- cover letter (maximum 1 page describing motivation and experience)
- Curriculum Vitae
- educational transcripts and certificates
- and names and contact details of three references)