Research scientist at PMOD/WRC, Davos
As of 1.09.2021 or by appointment we are looking for a research scientist to support our team of physicists and technical engineers in the World Radiation Center.
As a member of our science team, you will work in the World Optical depth Research and Calibration Center (WORCC) on projects related to aerosol optical depth calibration and measurements, data analysis and related dissemination through scientific presentations and publications. You will be in charge of the activities of WORCC within the ACTRIS Switzerland programme (Aerosols, Clouds, and Trace Gases Research Infrastructure) as well as contribute to GAW-PFR related tasks.
- In charge of the ACTRIS related calibration and validation activities (station visits, report writing, data quality control, processing, validation).
- Contribute to the analysis and publications on aerosol optical depth measurements and solar spectral measurements.
- Participate in experimental campaigns.
- Support the GAW-PFR network activities and ISO 17025 quality system related actions
We are looking for a motivated and team-oriented person with the ability to work independently. The employment will be initially for 2 years, with the possibility to extension.
- MSc or PhD in Physics or related field with at least 5 years experience, preferably in atmospheric physics related to spectral solar measurements and/or aerosol optical depth measurements.
- Publication record in atmospheric related subject(s).
- Good programming skills in Matlab.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Please send your complete online application to: Team.Office@pmodwrc.ch.
For further information, please contact Dr. Stelios Kazadzis, head of WORCC, firstname.lastname@example.org.