Embedded Systems Engineer
The Robotic Systems Lab (RSL) at ETH Zürich is looking for an Embedded Systems Engineer to extend our electronics and firmware development team.
In this position, you have the opportunity to collaborate with world-leading researchers in robotics and closely work with electronics and firmware engineers of different research labs to develop the technology of tomorrow. You will contribute to the development of a variety of new actuators, sensors, and robot systems such as legged robots and manipulators. Among others, you will take over the responsibility to improve and extend the custom firmware of our high performance drives, which we have been developing for multiple years. For more information about the lab and research, please check out the webpage www.rsl.ethz.ch.
The set of tasks include:
- Support a team of researchers in firmware and electronics development
- Lead the development and maintenance of our actuator and sensor firmware
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary team
- Invent and implement new features
- Develop low-level software parts in the communication stack on PC side
- Release management (Creating new releases, maintaining current ones)
- Documenting the usage of tools and of firmware features
- Commissioning and testing
You should be interested in working with cutting edge technology in an international and multidisciplinary team and fullfil multiple of the following points:
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering / Mechatronics or similar and/or multiple years of work experience as an embedded software engineer
- Strong skills in C/C++ especially in the context of embedded systems
- Experience in programming and testing of firmware (preferable for ARM based systems)
- The ability of working with schematics as well as the related CAE tools (e.g. Altium) is very useful
- Knowledge about motor control, cmake, ROS and/or Ethercat is of advantage
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Motivational letter
- References to own developments (e.g. on github) are appreciated
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about the Robotic Systems Lab can be found on our website rsl.ethz.ch. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Prof. Dr. Marco Hutter, email email@example.com (no applications).
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.