The Swiss Data Science Center (SDSC) is a joint venture between EPFL and ETH Zurich. Its mission is to accelerate the adoption of data science and machine learning techniques within academic disciplines of the ETH Domain, the Swiss academic community at large, and the industrial sector. In particular, it addresses the gap between those who create data, those who develop data analytics and systems, and those who could potentially extract value from it. The center is composed of a large multi-disciplinary team of data and computer scientists, and experts in select domains, with offices in Lausanne, Zurich and Villigen.
The center is looking for its new Communications Manager, who will:
- Develop and execute a relevant 360 communications program (print and digital), and manage all related tools
- Edit reports (including the annual report) or any material pertaining to the strategic positioning of the center, with external partners when relevant
- Collaborate to the development of the SDSC positioning strategy
- Manage internal communications
- Proactively handle media relations
- Build and / or strengthen the SDSC’s relationship with strategic academic and industry stakeholders
- Manage external agencies
- Be responsible for the SDSC image internally and externally
- Contribute to the center development and growth in the coming years
You hold a master’s degree in Communications, Liberal Arts or a related discipline? You have a passion for communications, over 10 years of professional experience in this field and a genuine interest (and some experience) in science and technology? A self-starter, you are autonomous, are an excellent copywriter and have outstanding interpersonal skills? You are eager to support the development of a national research center with strong ties to the industrial world? If your English is flawless, you also speak French or German and are willing to travel within Switzerland on a regular basis, we would like to meet you!
Entry date :
As soon as possible
1 year renewable - possibility to evolve to a permanent position
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about the Swiss Data Science Center can be found on our website www.datascience.ch.
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.