Full-Stack Developer Internship
The Wyss Zurich is a joint accelerator of the ETH Zurich and the University of Zurich, which was made possible by a generous donation from the Swiss entrepreneur and philanthropist Dr. hc. mult. Hansjörg Wyss. The mission of Wyss Zurich is to drive the clinical translation and technology transfer of outstanding scientific discoveries into new therapies for patients and breakthrough innovations in the emerging fields of Regenerative Medicine and Robotics, and to promote hybrid technologies in these fields. Wyss Zurich brings together some of the world’s leading experts to form multidisciplinary teams, pooling their knowledge and expertise. For further information: www.wysszurich.uzh.ch.
At Sevensense we push the frontiers of mobile robotics. Our mission is to build the eyes and brain for the robots of the future! Equipped with our technology, mobile machines can autonomously navigate in dynamic and even crowded environments. Thus, we enable new robotic applications in places such as airports, supermarkets, warehouses and train stations.
We are looking for a passionate individual to perform an internship in our Infrastructure team (100%, 6 to 9 months) and help us design and build the IT infrastructure which supports our research and development and will allow the deployment of thousands of robots. You will work closely with the core development teams and support them by developing and maintaining internal web services that we use for the deployment, analysis, and evaluation of our software running in simulation and on real, autonomous robots. You will be shaping our tools and workflow through our rapid growth. The ideal candidate enjoys making engineers happy and more productive by designing and improving the tools they use every day.
- Working closely with the development teams to design solutions that meet everyone's needs.
- Extending, implementing and maintaining internal web services, including the command line tools and web applications that interact with them.
- Contribute to different infrastructure tools and modules (the work can be shaped according to your experience and interests, see below).
- Collaborate with a cross-functional engineering team for integrating your solutions into our pipeline.
- A unique opportunity to join at an early stage, thus tangibly contributing to the development of a young startup.
- An active environment where everyone strives to achieve her/his full potential.
- Flexibility in working hours and work-from-home options.
- An ideal office location in the center of Zurich and its startup scene.
- Never ending coffee supply and chocolate-mondays.
- A friendly, supportive and international team to share both hard work and fun with.
- Degree in information technology, computer science, a similar field of studies or equivalent experience.
- Experience with React frontend development using Typescript.
- Experience with Linux, Git and Python.
- Experience with backend development using Python Flask/SQL(Alchemy) is a plus.
- Experience with the following languages / systems is a plus and will allow us to shape the position according to your interests: Bootstrap, HTML/CSS, REST APIs, C++, Rust, DevOps (Gitlab CI & CD, Docker, debian packages), Linux server deployment and maintenance (Debian / Ubuntu, systemd, PostgreSQL).
- High level of motivation and curiosity to learn quickly and leverage your skills effectively.
If you are enthusiastic about bringing Sevensense to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our fast growing startup send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are interested in intellectually curious and highly motivated candidates so please reach out to us if you have questions or feel unsure about some requirements.
Equality of opportunity is exceptionally important to us. We attract and retain the best qualified individual available regardless of their personal or social background.