Planning & Control Engineer
At Sevensense we push the frontiers of mobile robotics. Our mission is to build the eyes and brain for the robots of the future! Equipped with our technology, mobile machines can autonomously navigate in dynamic and even crowded environments. With this solution we enable new robotic applications in places such as airports, supermarkets and warehouses.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our Planning & Control team and contribute to developing our core technology and deploying it into new machines, transforming them into smart robots. As a member of a small and versatile team, you will develop, integrate and validate motion planning and obstacle avoidance solutions that enable robot navigation in challenging, unstructured and dynamic environments. The ideal candidate should demonstrate teamwork, autonomy, proactivity, ownership and have a strong desire for solving exciting and challenging problems.
- Develop, integrate and validate safety critical and robust control & motion planning algorithms.
- Produce high-quality C++ code and participate in the continuous development of a large code-base.
- Perform field validation with focus on improving robustness and detecting unknown issues.
- Suggest improvements and develop tools enabling the validation and continuous evaluation of our solutions.
- Follow the complete software development cycle, from design documents to code documentation.
- A unique opportunity to join at an early stage with new exciting projects, thus tangibly contributing to the development of a young startup.
- Collaborating with some of the best robotics engineers for building an exciting technology company.
- A competitive compensation package including a stock option plan.
- An active environment where everyone strives to achieve her/his full potential.
- Opportunity to supervise talented students for projects related to motion planning.
- An ideal office location in the center of Zurich and its startup scene.
- Never ending coffee supply, snacks and chocolate.
- A friendly, supportive and international team to share both hard work and fun with.
- Degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional experience with a focus on robotic systems.
- Strong understanding of modern motion planning techniques together with proven theoretical competencies in this field.
- Hands-on experience deploying algorithms on real robotics systems.
- Relevant experience in C++, software design and continuous development (Python and ROS are pluses).
- Experience working with large code-bases and following software engineering processes to develop new features on top of existing code.
- Team player who is excited about working in a dynamic startup environment.
If you are enthusiastic about bringing Sevensense to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our fast growing startup send us your application to email@example.com.
We are interested in intellectually curious and highly motivated candidates so please reach out to us if you have questions or feel unsure about some requirements.
Equality of opportunity is exceptionally important to us. We attract and retain the best qualified individual available regardless of their personal or social background.