Perception Software Engineering Internship / Robotics at ANYbotics
100%, Zurich, fixed-term
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 90 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
Currently, we have an opening for one intern position to join a project team at the intersection of perception and manipulation focusing on machine learning driven applications with the starting date between November 2022 and January 2023. The ideal duration of the full-time paid internship is approximately six months.
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics mechanical hardware.
As a perception intern at ANYbotics, you will be participating in daily software development tasks including feature development, testing and verification. You’ll join a team of robotics engineers with deep knowledge in robot and robotics software architecture and algorithms design. We diligently strive for a robust, highly performant and user-friendly system and constantly come up with new ways to optimize working with ANYmal.
You contibutions will be:
- Developing our ML-based solution for object pose detection further
- Improving synthetic data generation
- Hyperparameter tuning
- Deployment of trained models on the robot with a manipulation payload
- Developing, using, and maintaining in-house perception software and systems
- Planning and conducting tests to verify software components and determine failure cases
- Analyzing and processing test data
- Developing and applying new technologies and methodologies
- Currently a master, PhD student or recent graduate in computer science, robotics, or related fields
- You have completed a first project and have applied computer vision at university, in a competition and/or at a previous internship
- Strong collaborative skills with the ability to work independently
- Willingness to improve your understanding of the state-of-the-art robotics technology applied to real world problems
- Proficiency in Python and prior experience with ROS
- Experience in Software Architecture and C++, PyTorch and Git is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills in English
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.
Curious? So are we.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.