Software Engineer - Certification
The department of Computer Science at ETH Zurich is looking for a Software Engineer for the SCION Secure Internet Architecture. Join a diverse and motivated team and help build the next generation internet!
SCION is a highly secure, efficient, and sustainable Internet architecture designed to provide route control, fault isolation, and explicit trust information for end-to-end communication. The architecture is now being adopted by vendors and organisations around the world, building a public network that provides stronger guarantees than today’s internet.
As SCION is a public network, it is necessary to ensure that implementations and deployments around the world stay interoperable and compliant.
As a member of the certification team, you will be responsible for the establishment of a certification environment for software and hardware routers,, and ISPs.
- Analyze, define and develop interoperability and conformance tests cases for SCION-enabled appliances and services
- Design, implement and maintain an automated testing platform
- Work alongside other engineers to establish and consistently apply best practices
- Execute and review the results of automated tests
- Work closely with the internal and external standardization teams to ensure that systems under test comply with the technical specification
- Create and provide certification documents (declaration of conformity, test reports, support documents)
- Create and maintain documentation
Within the project, you’ll also interact with the open source development and research team, and will get exposure to the latest advances in network security. There will also be opportunities to get involved on side projects (i.e. setting up a certification program for engineers & admins, collaborating with ongoing research projects).
The starting date is as soon as possible. This position is limited to 1 year with possible extension.
You ideally contribute the following skills:
- BS or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience in design, implementation and testing of large-scale systems with particular attention to security
- Understanding of network security and computer networks
- Proficient practical knowledge in operation and design of devices and systems in the field of computer networking
- Understanding of software life cycles
- Deep knowledge of network protocols and techniques (e.g., TCP/IP, NAT, NAT traversal, middle boxes, tunnelling, raw sockets, ...)
- Understanding of cryptographic operations and protocols
- Experience with programming in a Linux environment
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Previous exposure to modern hardware implementation is a big plus
The ideal candidate will have a passion for device/system development, hands-on work and supporting a research organization. Furthermore, the candidate enjoys working with people and will rise to meet unforeseen challenges. Moreover, applicants should be well versed in English.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Cover letter: a short (one page or less) statement of your motivation for joining the center
- Diplomas/University degree(s) & transcripts (grades)
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
You can find more information about the named project on our website, www.scion-architecture.net. For more information about the position, contact Prof. Dr. Perrig by email at email@example.com (no applications).
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.