Our research group in the field of Information Management headed by Professor Dr Elgar Fleisch conducts research on artificial intelligence. For a project in the area of Artificial Intelligence for Businesses the group is looking for a Software Engineer.
Machine learning based automation of information extraction from business relevant documents is a fast-growing market. Many administrative processes in companies still begin with manually copy-pasting information from documents into computer systems.
BLP Digital AG is an ETH Spin-off company from our chair and industry leader in the field of information extraction from documents. BLP automates repetitive back office tasks with Artificial Intelligence. That means no more manually processing of incoming invoices, delivery notes, or purchase orders.
For a joint project to further develop the extraction technology to apply it to other document types we are looking for exceptional engineers who are driven to design and implement a sophisticated large-scale data management platform.
You will work in close collaboration with leading Swiss and European companies with high volumes of data and diverse problems. The tasks are diverse and non-repetitive, building a new and innovative system using state of the art concepts and infrastructure. In addition, you will be closely working with the BLP team and discuss machine learning, data pipelines, deployment and many more topics with experts and talents working at university, in industry, and in other start-up ventures.
We offer a competitive salary in accordance with ETH standards and an interesting research and development agenda. Our research is driven by the strong desire to develop artificial intelligence for management in businesses, public organizations or healthcare. For this purpose, we draw upon recent advances in artificial intelligence and statistical modeling in order to gain deep insights. The close collaboration with our spin-off company offers the unique chance of applying research in practice.
- Build a large-scale data management platform
- Design and implement an efficient and scalable backend in Go, which is able to handle large amounts of data
- Build a customer-facing REST-API
- Closely interact with BLP’s frontend engineers
- BA/BS in computer science or a related technical field
- You have at least 2 years working experience, or have worked at least on one big project within a team
- Solid competence in software engineering with a common programming language such as C++, Golang, Java, or similar
- You have very good knowledge of Git, Docker and CI/CD
- You appreciate testing
- Solid competence in SQL
- You are naturally curious, happy to explore and learn new things
- Interest in collaborating with a fast growing spin-off, hands-on mentality, stress resistance and passion to solve big challenges in a simple way
- Fluency in English
- MA/MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field
- Working experience in startup environment
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with redis, rabbitmq, Grafana
- You gained experience with deploying software on cloud infrastructure like such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- You appreciate great user experience as much as awesome tech and software architecture
- Expert knowledge in data processing and database design
We look forward to receiving your online application. We have a lightweight application procedure (CV+transcript only) to minimize effort at both ends.
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered. Please note that your information will be shared with BLP Digital as the spin-off takes part in the hiring process.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Dr. Jessica Prisciandaro at email@example.com (no applications).
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.