Digital Media and Administration Student Assistant
As a part of Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences (GESS), the Professorship of Computational Social Science focuses on connecting social science questions with computational methods. The research focus has quickly moved from studying pedestrian crowds and vehicle traffic to social coordination, cooperation, norms, crime and conflict as well as collective opinion formation and the wisdom of crowds. The analysis of (big) data, cultural science, the creation of self-organizing systems, innovation, the digital society, combining Blockchain with the Internet of Things (“Finance 4.0”), and infusing collective intelligence and digital democracy into smart cities, are our most recent subjects of interest.
We, the Professorship of Computational Social Science, are looking for a committed and perfectionistic student assistant who would support us in web content management, social media presence, small graphic design tasks, video cutting, and other administrative work such as organizing and running workshops. The salary is in accordance with ETH standards.
- Archiving materials
- Regularly updating the website of the Professorship (www.coss.ethz.ch) with media responses, talks, courses etc. (using a user-friendly Content Management System from Adobe)
- Cutting and basic editing of videos and uploading them on YouTube
- Posting content on ResearchGate, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Blogspot etc.
- Supporting communication activities
- Helping with organisation of events such as workshops, hackathons, etc.
- Searching for Creative Commons photos and videos for presentations, adding captions
- Creating graphic design such as posters for events
- Producing illustrations/visualisations (logos, book covers etc.)
- Updating lists of research publications (using Google Scholar, ETH Research Collection…)
- Other administrative support
- Student at ETH Zurich or University of Zurich
- Experience with social media administration
- Experience with web content management (foremost Wordpress)
- Experiences with Adobe Illustrator/InDesign or alternative editors needed
- Advanced use of MS Office required
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
- Highly organized, showing attention to detail and capable of prioritizing high volumes of tasks
- Confidentiality, reliability and loyalty
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Cover letter
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Candidates should send the application materials by May 16, 2021, in one single pdf file (<5 MB).
The possible contract will start around May - June 2021.
Further information about COSS can be found on our website www.coss.ethz.ch. Questions about the position should be directed to our office manager, email: email@example.com (no application documents).