Post-Doctoral Research Assistant in Computer Vision and Machine Learning for Checkout-free Retail Systems
The Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Group, lead by Prof. Konrad Schindler, specialises in computer vision, machine learning, remote sensing and earth observation. For further information see www.prs.igp.ethz.ch.
- Develop machine learning models to detect and localise products on densely packed shelves
- Discover ways to combine redundant visual information from multiple viewpoints and prior knowledge about store layout
- Collaborate with industrial partners to deploy the models in demonstrators and prototype systems
The postdoc researcher will work on a recently awarded collaborative project with a local start-up company. The goal of the project is to develop computer vision technology to recognize and monitor products on store shelves, as part of a checkout-free shopping solution.
- PhD degree in computer science, engineering, or a related subject
- Proficiency in programming, preferably in Python and/or C++
- Strong analytical, mathematical and algorithmic capabilities
- Documented experience with deep learning technology and computer vision
- Fluent communication in English (both written and spoken)
- Motivation, curiosity and willingness to learn
- An opportunity to further your scientific career at a leading academic institution
- Excellent working conditions
- A chance to work in a stimulating environment as part of a multi-cultural research team
- Exposure to both academia and the start-up world
- High quality of Life in one of the World’s most livable cities
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic transcripts
- Motivation Letter
- Contact details of at least two academic referees
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Questions regarding the position should be directed to Prof. Konrad Schindler, email@example.com (no applications). The deadline for applications is the 20th May 2021. Selection will start immediately, so early submissions are encouraged.