Educational specialist with experience in AI, machine learning, big data in plant sciences (20%, Scientific Assistant)
The PSC is a successful center of excellence in plant sciences at the Universities of Zurich and Basel, as well as ETH Zurich. For 20 years, we have coordinated and developed high-quality teaching and mentoring in the university environment and designed research programs. We organize two PhD programs within the Life Science Zurich Graduate School.
The PhD program in Plant Sciences provides training in research technologies and transferable skills for about 150 PhD students, including digital skills especially in environmental monitoring, plant breeding etc.
The position is dedicated to expanding the PSC curricula in the area of digital skills in close cooperation with the PSC PhD program coordinator. Start is June 1, 2021. The position is limited to the end of 2022.
- Expanding the curriculum in the PhD Program in Plant Sciences: organising courses in digital skills, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data in plant sciences together with internal and external lecturers.
- Organising of a summer school in the area.
- Linking to other educational programs in digital skills organized by University of Zurich and ETH Zurich.
- Fundraising for further educational activities within the PSC programs.
- Current or previous research background in artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data preferably in plant sciences or related areas.
- Strong didactical skill set and experiences and motivation to do own lecturing work in the programme.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong networking skills.
- Recently finished PhD.
We look forward to receiving your online application until May 14, 2021. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about the PSC can be found on our website. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Melanie Paschke, Tel +41 44 632 60 22 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications).