Data Scientist – Industry Collaborations
100%, Zurich, fixed-term
Accelerating the adoption of data science in Switzerland
The Swiss Data Science Center (SDSC) is a joint venture between ETH Zurich and EPFL. We have been mandated by the Swiss Confederation to accelerate the adoption of data science in academia and industry. Our team is very international and composed of data scientists passionate about solving data related challenges, and software engineers developing RENKU – an open access solution for collaborative and sustainable data science.
The SDSC is a stimulating, startup-like, cross-disciplinary environment in a leading university, that offers opportunities for turning academic research into impactful solutions. We have excellent ties to research groups worldwide, both academic and industrial, and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and resources.
You will work on one of the SDSC’s industry partnerships in the German part of Switzerland. In this role, you will meet partners (companies) to understand their needs and help them define a high-impact project with the SDSC. You will be responsible for successfully carrying out the project thanks to your machine learning expertise with the help and support of the SDSC team. More specifically, your responsibilities would include:
- Be the main customer touchpoint of an industry collaboration
- Carry out projects with industry partners, from solution design to hands-on development
- Turn your machine learning skills into business value – go beyond split-fit-transform-test!
- Share expertise in data science and machine learning with fellow data scientists
- Increase awareness of SDSC in the Swiss industry
- Present to a non-technical audience
We are a looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field
- Good knowledge of machine learning concepts
- Ability to present to various audiences
- Open to collaborative work and show team spirit
- Previous industry experience appreciated but not mandatory
- Fluent in English; knowledge of French highly appreciated
Part-time arrangements and flexible hours can be explored based on individual circumstances. We are looking for candidates willing to contribute to an inclusive environment and eager to continuously learn.
Do you see yourself helping Switzerland becoming more data-driven? Are you passionate about data science and with experience in machine learning? Are you keen to share what you know and get exposed to several projects in various industries? Are you eager to be part of a diverse and adaptable team with equal growth opportunities of its members at its core?
If your answer to these questions is yes, you should consider joining us. Together, we can help move the Swiss Industry to the next level of data science.
During your time at the SDSC, you will benefit from the following opportunities:
- Develop your soft skills and meet with key stakeholders in several industries.
- Interact with and learn from fellow data scientists
- Discover new data science applications in various industries
- Exchange on advanced machine learning topics with our academic experts
We value diversity
Curious? So are we.
We look forward to receiving your online application including application letter, CV and diploma(s). Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through the online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.