Program Coordinator of Master’s Program in Landscape Architecture (MSc LA)
The Department of Architecture offers a specialised Master’s degree program in Landscape Architecture (MSc LA) and is looking for a Program Coordinator as of December 1, 2021, or upon agreement.
The program is represented and led by the Director of Studies; it is operatively managed by the Program Coordinator.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of program activities. She/he coordinates all teaching activities of each semester by organizing the course schedule in collaboration with the involved teachers on the one and the department’s and ETH’s study administration on the other side. He/she also serves as the Global Officer of the program, with the focus on planning, coordination and implementation of the program’s local and global public relations and outreach activities like information and exchange events, exhibits, meetings and gatherings. The goal of these activities is to promote the profile and the goals of the program towards the community and the general public.
The Program Coordinator assists the Director of Studies in the continual evaluation and the development of the current curriculum. This entails long-term quality management measures and the translation of strategic goals of the department into the strategic goals of the program, that will also take into account new strategic focuses, new economic and social qualification requirements, new technologies, but also based on the feedback of students and teachers. She/he also supports the Director of Studies in maintaining an active exchange with the professors of the Department, but also from other ETH departments, and national and international partner institutions, aiming at developing further the ongoing teaching contents, identifying and introducing new content and design approaches, re(de)fining qualification profiles and degrees pathways and drafting the structural and content-related measures for upcoming curriculum revisions. In this context, she/he will work closely together with ETH’s Educational Development and Technology Office (LET), Admissions Office, Legal Services (RD) and the department’s study administration.
- University degree in a field close/related to Landscape Architecture or an equivalent qualification based on the own professional or academic work
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English
- Very good understanding of academic teaching environments (ideally based on the own teaching and/or coordination experience)
- Very strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; an “outgoing” and integrative approach to communication and outreach
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Required (proven) experience in the development and coordination of studio based educational programs in architecture and landscape architecture, project leadership and management skills and public relations management (incl. a powerful PR network).
- Of advantage is knowledge of ETH internal organizational structures, processes and regulations, understanding of design studio culture and leadership skills
An ideal candidate is communicative, visionary, and engaged and interested in contemporary and evolving approaches in the field of landscape architecture and brings along a very good understanding of academic and studio teaching environments, based on own teaching and coordination experience. The candidate should also have the capacity to communicate between and integrate the ideas and feedback of multiple stakeholders – including professors, assistants, students, and administrative staff. She/he should have an adaptable approach while working within a nascent program structure, reevaluating periodically, and identifying opportunities for improvement and development. The candidate should also be well-organized and able to work efficiently within the complex academic institutional context of the ETH.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Letter(s) of recommendation (if available)
- List of references
Please apply exclusively via the online applications portal. Applications sent by e-mail or by post will not be considered.
More information about the department can be found on our website. For further information and questions regarding the position, please contact Prof. Teresa Gali-Izard by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications).
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.