Internship as System Engineer / Tester (for 6 months)
The Wyss Zurich is a joint accelerator of the ETH Zurich and the University of Zurich, which was made possible by a generous donation from the Swiss entrepreneur and philanthropist Dr. hc. mult. Hansjörg Wyss. The mission of Wyss Zurich is to drive the clinical translation and technology transfer of outstanding scientific discoveries into new therapies for patients and breakthrough innovations in the emerging fields of Regenerative Medicine and Robotics, and to promote hybrid technologies in these fields. Wyss Zurich brings together some of the world’s leading experts to form multidisciplinary teams, pooling their knowledge and expertise. For further information: www.wysszurich.uzh.ch.
hemotune is an early stage medical device startup project currently being accelerated at the Wyss Zurich. Our mission is to develop a lifesaving breakthrough medical device for targeted blood purification and we are currently in the preclinical development phase. To complement our young and passionate team, we offer an internship position as System Engineer / Tester.
- Conduct system integration tests on a medical device for targeted blood purification
- Support test planning / specification / implementation
- Identify system and software bugs and report them to the SW team
- A unique opportunity to be part of a young start-up company
- Challenging and versatile tasks and responsibilities
- Insight into an ETH-spinoff, which is driven by the will to develop a lifesaving device
An exciting working environment with a flat hierarchy.
- BSc/MSc degree in Biomedical / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Preferably experience in working with mechatronic systems (actuators, sensors)
- Passionate about working in a start-up
- Team player with a “can do” attitude
- Communication skills: English necessary, German beneficial.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents: CV, short motivation letter, credentials. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about hemotune and the Wyss Zurich can be found on our websites: www.hemotune.ch and www.wysszurich.ch. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Dr. Jean-Claude Metzger, phone no. +41 (0)77 512 36 98 or email Jean-Claude.Metzger@hemotune.ch (no application documents).
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.